May 16, 2012

The Rodnik Band

I just came across the most incredible fashion label, The Rodnik Band. Studying fine arts, I love any form of contemporary art. So taking iconic works off a canvas and making it as a wearable piece of clothing is awesome. Some of the collection is a tad risque for my liking, but I couldn't go without sharing my favourite pieces from the collection.

Urinal Dress by The Rodnik Band

This piece is inspired by Marcel Duchamp's controversial work "Fountain". This artwork is perhaps the most crucial piece of work in preparation for Postmodern art. I wrote a whole essay on this work and it's part in Conceptual and Postmodern Art, so it is surreal to see it on a model. 


Sunflower Dress by The Rodnik Band

This is stunning yellow piece is probably the most wearable of the collection. Inspired by Vincent Van Gogh's "Sunflowers", the vibrancy of the yellow is incredible. I love the overall structure of the dress and the positioning of the sunflowers. In my opinion, this is cutting edge art and fashion - two of my favourite things. 


You can check out the rest of The Rodnik Band's collection here.

xx, 

Jenna Roux.


What are some other pieces of art that should be made into pieces of clothing? 
(Comment your ideas below)



No comments:

Post a Comment